Version 1.2 out now!
Hello everyone! The last few weeks were busy as I've finally been able to get playtesting going via Zoom. There's quite a bit of differences in version 1.2 from the original 1.0 version that was released early April. If you've only played the original version or version 1.1, I'd give the new one a try.
Major Changes from version 1.0:
Report and Under reporting cases no longer affect containment percentages, instead, reporting adds public panic and decreases anxiety, where under-reporting decreases public panic and increases anxiety. This ensures that containment is only affected by your skills at Quarantine game play, aka how many people you quarantine per day and let out, rather than be affected by the daily report.
Added Difficulty levels. There is now easy, medium, hard, and expert levels to choose from. The different difficulty levels are an attempt to help players of all skills complete the game. Each difficulty has it's own high score to beat.
- Easy - containment percentage is higher for every passenger clicked on and there is only two gates that are active, limiting how many people can get out.
- Medium - a balance of containment to public panic and anxiety. 4 gates are active.
- Hard - Closer to the original experience in which all 6 gates are active and containment takes longer to reach 100%.
- Expert - Not for the faint of heart. One or two passengers who depart the terminal can be disastrous in the long run. A true and stressful challenge.
- There is now an active visual charge meter for your temperature spray gun. If you run out of spray, you must wait for it to recharge.
- On the daily report, public panic and anxiety percentage text now display red and green colors to better clarify how they are affected by your reporting. The current health risk level is also displayed.
- The daily report UI has been updated with new information.
- Tutorial pages have been updated to reflect the new changes.
- Fixed an issue where the warning alarm would not turn on for high anxiety.
- Tweaked the panic and anxiety losing animation to be shorter. (From 8 seconds to 5 seconds)
- Bug fixed in which sometimes a passenger could not be clicked on as they walk around with the temperature circle active.
- The score page has been updated to reflect the changes.
- Some text changes in-game.
- Updated the UI for the tips page.
I'm still waiting for some feedback on the new changes from my play testers, so things will still be changing around. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the new version!
Get Novel Containment - A Coronavirus (COVID) Story
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.